Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A venting session...on the lighter side of life!

Twilight at the infamous drive in theater.  I know not everyone has a drive in and not everyone grew up going to them.....But I did.....and my kids have so far been lucky enough to know what a drive in even is.....and not a drive through restaraunt.....we do have a few drive in restaraunts though.  They just aren't as neat! Anyway one of our biggest summer plans every year does consist of going to the drive in movie on a HOT summer night.....eating the nasty consession stand food....which isn't so nasty.  The burgers are my favorite.  Well....this year much to my disgust....and due to a family fued....neither of our towns drive ins opened.  Funny how selfish people are. LOL  I mean seriously!  There are only about 20 something drive in's left in the entire USA and we have two in our town and they just choose to not open for an entire summer.....perhaps that summer will turn into never again and once more a tradition of America will be lost and most likely torn down....then what will my kids do?  The fancy new theaters just aren't the same! (The bathrooms are a lot nicer.....heck a gas station bathroom is a lot nicer....it's just the old fashioned fun of the entire event that I miss!  Summer just wasn't the same.....and won't be again until it is open! 

5 comments:

Lori said...

That is just sad. The one in Driggs is still open...and their burgers are the bomb.

J.J. said...

Perhaps we should have driven the extra miles and gone there! It was sad!

Julie D. said...

I hope they are open next year...if not maybe we can take a road trip and check out that one in Driggs...and maybe the one in Rexburg is still open too.

P.S. The NOT so anonymous commenter left a comment to you....Luv YA!

J.J. said...

Sounds like the ultimate plan! As long as there is food involved....and a lot of laughing!

J.J. said...

Jules....I saw the classy comment left for me!Wow....some folks take the prize in the white trash catagory of life don't they? Oh well.....some people never learn do they? Glad we are better than that! Somedays though it is hard to contain myself and not tell them were to go and or how to do it!