Thursday, April 29, 2010

Learning When To Get Over It...Let Go

(Okay.....so the creepy rabbit has nothing to do with that....I just wanted to add it....This was outside the schools the friday before Easter.....and it scared my kids. LOL Like something off a Stephen King movie)

Me and the Kids were talking about how long is long enough to be angry with someone....and when do you know if the "I am sorry," is real....if intentions are good or not. I just love it when children bring to mind things that weigh heavy on my own mind....causing me to think more deeply....to look at my faults....and to wonder. Wonder is one of those beautiful virtues of the young mind.

It has been a different year.....the kids have new friends whom all act differently than the friends they had in Idaho.....in fact....one of the groups of kids is in a constant cycle of drama....fighting, talking behind backs, denying, hating, and then getting over it.... sometimes in a matter of 5 minutes. While this cycle is going on, you can also watch the cycle of embarrassment, hurt, saddness....heartbreak...laughter.... its funny sometimes how quickly they can get over some things and yet hang onto others. This baffles me....only because the things that I would hold onto are the things that they find trivial...and vice versa....

SO my answer to my angelic children..... "You always know when it's time to let go.....to get over it..... You know when your friends are truly your friends or just trying to get information out of you..... You just know....and it's ok not to have a constant war and to be friends with everyone.....even though you might not be friends with everyone all the time."

"We attach our feelings to the moment when we were hurt, endowing it with immortality. And we let it assault us every time it comes to mind. It travels with us, sleeps with us, hovers over us while we love, and broods over us while we die. Our hate does not even have the decency to die when those we hate die--for it is a parasite sucking OUR blood, not theirs. There is only one remedy for it. [forgiveness] -Lewis Smedes

How can you ever know who your friends are?
A true friend is someone who is always there for you, with no agenda other than the friendship itself. We rely on our friends to lift us up in bad times, but most importantly, to be there for us when we need nothing at all.

"A true friend will stab you in the front." -Oscar Wilde

SO just some random ramblings of conversations with my wonderful children.....from whom I learn something from daily.

On the lighter side...this morning was fabulous....Sami wouldn't wake up....and then I went in and hugged her...then Tabi went in and hugged her too.....then asked why we did that....which in turn got her a hug. Nat and Angelo laughed over breakfast.....then we sang to "Crazy like the Wolf"......something like that.....it was a funny morning....then Dixie Chic's, Sin Wagon, and Killin Earl started the school day! I love life!

1 comment:

J.J. said...

I love mornings with my kids and my family! Thanks for reading this