Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fifth Grade Field Trip....Clark Gardens

It is amazing at how quickly time flies when you are raising your children. One minute you are changing diapers, waking up at ridiculous hours to tears, and wishing that you could sleep....just a few minutes longer. I often find myself wishing I could have another sleepless night with my babies..... And all the beauty that goes along with our kids growing up to quickly. Heck, I have a senior in high school, my baby is in the fifth grade, and I can't figure out where in the world the time went.....

Anymore, it feels as though each day is over before it has begun....

I have been blessed through out the children's school careers (hehe I said school careers...) to beable to be involved and participate in activities. Granted since moving to Texas I haven't been as involved as I was in Idaho.... But in a way I am... Just in a different sense. I mean I am t the schools A LOT subbing.... And all the kids know me.... So that is pretty involved! I love it.

So anyhow, yesterday my involvement included a field trip to The Clark Gardens with the Brock Fifth Grade students....BUT most importantly my favorite little man! Though this wouldn't have been my first choice of field trips to take children on.... It's a large garden.... The middle school went to the State Fair....and I believe its the 3rd graders went to some Nascar thing (Welcome to the South). But I have to admitt under the right cirrcumstances and a fun attitude it was a good time. I was lucky enough to only have one other boy in our group! He was a well behaved young man, just like my kiddo. I was, however, happy to hear that more of Angelo's friends wanted in our group BUT the Sub wouldn't let them be. Anyway.....It was such a good time!!! After the Gradens it was off to the park for a picnic and then early release for my little man! It was a fun Mommy day out with her little guy!

Gotta love those fleeting moments.....

1 comment:

Lori said...

Glad you can savor the moments as they fly by. I love having memories of Mommy/Son trips and skip days! Time with our kids is precious....and fleeting!