Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Joys of Remodeling!

Hideous! I am well aware of this fact.....hence the remodeling.  Now don't get me wrong.....about ten years ago I adored the way this bathroom looked.  I know....it's a freaking bathroom, but I am a girl.....I spend a lot of time in the bathroom trying to be beautiful for some bizarre reason that I haven't quite determined, yet.  And I have three gorgeous daughters......granted they don't need to try to be beautiful....they just are.....and of course i am certain that my little man would like a relaxing and interesting place to hide from his sisters......there are a lot of reasons we should keep our bathrooms updated.  It is a challenge for this eye sore.  Realistically, this bathroom is in a 1950's track home, it looks like every other house on this dang block......I want a bthroom that someone walks into and says, "Oh...not what I expected."  No.....I am actually leaving it a bathroom......wouldn't that be funny?  If i just got rid of it all together? 
And so the process begins with ripping out the old.....and seeing the sick nasty stuff underneath.  It should be a horror show. 
After the vanity was ripped out and the plumbing unplumed.........out came the floor.  It was ugly anyhow......it is actually embarrassing to think that at one point I truly thought it loooked good.  I suppose there are quite a few fashion issues that were the same way.  Go figure......I think the 80's was a lot like this bathroom floor! LOL
Nasty...................
So........Now all of the ick is taken away and I actually have plumbing back in!  Yeah!  It is hard to imagine life without atleast two bathrooms.  So late on the first night we finished installing the tile floor.  It is beautiful!  It is amazing how picky some people are about how the tiles are actually cut!  And how much water sprays you in the face while cutting the tile with that darn wet saw!  :)
So Next i have to take some pictures of the bathroom with how it looks now!  I just haven't gotten that far.  Of course it would require me walking my lazy booty to the bathroom and taking a pic and coming back out to the PC and downloading them.  BUT......when I do that hopefully you will be suprised.......I traded the tiling for my drywall abilities.........which I encorporated into my bathroom also......and we installed the coolest vanity......and this awesome mirror......I painted this kick booty color......I think you will  be suprised! :)

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hurry up and get some pics up. I am dying to see!!! I remember thinking your bathroom was very pretty. Of course that was a few years ago. You have great taste in decorating and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Julie D. said...

I agree your decorating is always awesome. I've seen the finished product...mostly at least what is finished. It looks GREAT!!! BIG HUGS! Luv YA!

J.J. said...

Thank you, both of you! Jules is right....she has scene the vanity and the paint and my awesome mirror. I just have to trim it out.....can't decide on crown molding.....or the plain trim....the mirror over the vanity.....and the other shelves. i am glad to hear the confidence in my choices of decorating. Hopefully I will be closer to finished this week end and get the pics up! :-)