Sunday, September 14, 2008

Juice Box Girl!

Get me a juice box...Juice Box Girl! It's fun watching sporting events with my kids! It is fun laughing and cheering....and quoting ridiculous lines out of silly movies....not that Kicking And Screaming is ridiculous.....I actually believe it will be one of those all time favorites......Favorite line out of that movie? Mine has to be....."Why don't you ease up on your corduroy jacket" Of course......their are so many to choose from. If you haven't watched it I recommend it. We have watched it an infinite amount of times.....I laugh each time.
So My little man's football team is 4 wins and 1 loss. The loss was barely a loss.....and one of the wins was in overtime. I so adore watching his natural talent shine. It was funny the other day at his game he proved to me once again how hard headed he is......he was playing receiver and he and the other kid in that position ran smack into one another....full on.....the sound of their heads knocking sounded like a homerun hit by a baseball bat.......they both flew backwards and landed on their backs......whaling from the other kid was unbearable.....my son....much like his mommy hates to cry in front of people jumped up and brushed off the concered coaches.......I thought his glasses must have broken....but he didnt' even flinch he got right back in the game for the next play.......the other boy went off the field. I was proud of myself.....I didn't run out onto the field and embarrass him. I checked on him at the end of the game. He ended up with a very light black eye. The other kid was taken to the doctor and had his face xrayed....no broken cheek bone but a huge bruise. My tough guys glasses aren't broken....well.....they aren't in the best shape but are good enough for football. He was disappointed the bruising wasn't worse. It was cute my daughter wanted to rush onto the field to make certain he was fine.....and his best little friend kept trying to check on him and my guy just kept turning away from him. TOO TOUGH!

!

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a tough guy! And I am impressed with your restraint. That had to be so hard to not run out there to check on him. Bravo and well done. He sounds a lot like Jim...very hard headed. LOL!