Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa

So Sunday was my Grandfather's birthday!  He is the coolest old Irish guy you could ever be luck enough to meet.  Howard Fitzpatrick turned a wonderful 88 years old....though he claims no one should live past 85.  I think it is just because he misses the love of his life.....also one of the greatest individuals anyone would have been blessed to meet.  I am so thankful that my kids have been lucky enough to have my grandpa in their lives.....Great Grandpa......how fun.  He has such wonderful stories to tell....and we all love to listen.  One of my favorite things he says....."Tell them who you are."  And though his name always has carried a lot of weight.....mine just has never been as impressive....though telling someone who my grandpa is has gotten me a long way.  From growing up a poor Irishman in the depression....in nowhere Idaho.....he created quite the legacy.  He proved an old principle wrong by making his name in banking legends.........He is such an amazing hero for so many different reasons in my life.......and he fills such a huge part of my heart!  I love this old guy!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy birthday to a great guy! I can't believe he is 88. He doesn't look a day over 80. LOL I am glad you got to spend time with him.

Jane said...

I read this to Grampa - he and I both cried. Most excellent!

J.J. said...

Very Cool! i love him so much!