Friday, July 25, 2008

Does This Look Safe?



So I was wondering if this looked safe to anyone? What is it that runs through kids heads as they are attempting fun and new games? So we had the lawn mowed and one of the tramps was left on the hill in the back and the kids are playing??? Mountain climber? They did this both last night and are doing it as we speak. I know.....I am the mom who has seen this attempt at a broken appendage......or stitches....and what do I do? Take a picture of course. I have thought back to my attempt at jumping off the barn roof when I was little......you know....to fly. Or driving the motorcycle into the side of the house.....the little 80 with training wheels. Was I as crazy as these kids? Do I stifle them enough that I don't allow them to be that crazy? We've had one broken bone in our house......besides my foot this year....but that is another story. ;-) Angelo broke his arm just before kindergarten when he tripped over a branch while we were camping.......after all I had told him hanging on a limb over the river was dangerous.....who would have known? I have tried so hard to let kids be monkeys when I have seen these attempts....some days it is hard to look the other direction.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Mom's have to look the other way and then panic when they see their baby girl run into the house while riding a motorcycle. Hated the rush trips to the hospital. May your trips be limited to broken arms and miracles.