Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's Politically Correct Anyhow?


Raising kids isn't easy, even when you have some of the best kids there are. Not saying that I am not overly biased. I am and I will be the first to admitt it, but they really are some of the most well rounded level headed kids I have met. I wasn't, well, to a certain extent I was, but I was mostly a wild teen. Thank goodness for small favors, I don't know what I ever did to let God know that I was sorry for that and not cursing me with a wild one. (KNOCK ON WOOD! I am certain I could still be challenged by my children but at this point I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.)

I admit as far as a parent my husband and I are a bit over protective. But rightfully so, todays world is filled with weirdo's and my kids are pretty beautiful. My oldest daughter met a boy......which is normal. SHe has met lots of boys.....but this one doesn't live around here. Not that I am not concerned with the kids around here, but I know them.....and if I don't I call their parents. Which is what I did with this boy. Funny.....the look of horror on my daughters face when she learned of my actions. It was funny. The mom of this boy was wonderful! I think if she lived around here we would totally be friends. She appreciated the fact that I cared......why was it that my daughter didn't? I think deep down she did....or if she didn't one day she will......is being politically correct always important? Hell NO! Not when it comes to your kids.....and if that means calling someone halfway across the country and finding out that they are good people, and maybe making a friend in the process.......GOOD FOR YOU!!

No comments: